OnePlus CEO: Beat Xiaomi in ’23 (Excl. Redmi)

According to a report by the Securities Times, Li Jie, the president of OnePlus China, expressed in a recent interview with reporters that OnePlus holds a 2% share of the Chinese smartphone market as of 2023. Xiaomi (excluding Redmi) stands at 3%. For 2024, OnePlus aims to surpass Xiaomi’s (excluding Redmi) domestic market share. “I think there’s a good chance we can achieve it,” Li said.

Upon reviewing data from research firm BCI’s “2023 China Mobile Phone Market Cumulative Sales Share Ranking,” IT Home found that Xiaomi ranks 8th domestically, holding 3% of the domestic market share, while its sub-brand, Redmi, ranks sixth with a market share of 11.7%. Combined, both brands would hold 14.7%, slightly outpacing OPPO, which currently holds the third place with 14%.

IT Home notes that OnePlus currently has two product lines: the Number Series and the Ace Series. Li Jie has previously stated that the Number Series is positioned as “performance flagships,” continuing OnePlus’s high-end flagship route with the most extreme performance experience and premium design quality. The Ace Series, on the other hand, aims at being the “performance ace,” offering hardcore technology and gaming entertainment experiences.

Additionally, according to leaks from a Weibo blogger, if the OnePlus 12 model can secure a strong position in the 4K price segment, the next generation of the Pro line is expected to make a comeback and target the high-end market once again.

Just on January 4th, the OnePlus Ace 3 phone was released, equipped with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and starting at a price of 2599 yuan. This new device features high-end metallic mid-frame and a new glass process, retaining the classic OnePlus “three-stage switch.” It’s the world’s first to launch a 1.5K oriental display, supporting a 120Hz refresh rate, DC-like dimming, and a 2160Hz high-frequency PWM dimming.

In terms of imaging, the new device comes with a 16MP front camera (Samsung S5K3P9) and a rear triple camera setup with a 50MP main camera (Sony IMX890, OIS, 1/1.56″) + 8MP ultra-wide angle (Sony IMX355) + 2MP macro (OmniVision OV02B). Additionally, the new device also boasts a sizable 5500mAh battery and supports a new generation of long-lasting 100W fast charging.

Source: IT Home

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.